Sunday, April 11, 2010

I think that love is the hardest, easy thing that a person will ever do in their entire life. I say it's easy because falling in love is one of those things that just happens, and for the most part it is riveting and glorious, but on the other hand, it makes a man quake in its presence. The easy part comes quickly. There are the butterflies, and the notion that this person could be the person that you spend the rest of your life with. You dream of him being there in every waking moment. You see him carrying out the daily tasks of life, and you hear him speak your name over and over again until its as if his breath simply speaks your name.

The darker part of it all makes you shove your head in the sand. It's the realization that in order for you to love him, and for him to love you too, that there must be a change that is made in your life. Not that there must be a change for him to love you, but, in him loving you, there will be a change, and in you loving him, you must do something different. He has made ovations, and therefore, you must make ovations too.

Maybe I am just spit-balling here, but to me, I have always thought that true love would conquer all, but at this point in my life I am starting to realize that that, much like Cinderella, is a fairytale. It takes a heap load of determination, and an iron will to make a relationship work these days. Guys are fickle, and they are looking for the next hot body... I do not have a hot body. I never have, but I have a heart that will never falter... does that make me different? Hell ya it does!!

I don't like being different, nor have I ever. All I know is that when I eff up, I admit it. When I care for someone, I act like I do. I make a fool of myself more often then not, and I am ready. I am ready for love.

No comments:

Post a Comment