Friday, April 9, 2010

Who am I? Ok... lets do this!

First and foremost I would have everyone on the face of the planet know that I am a Christian. No not one of "those" Christians, you know, the ones that have nothing to talk about other than faith. Nope not one of "those". I will however from time to time talk about it because it is a part of my life, and since there will be, I'm sure, people who can't understand how I can be the way I am, believe the things I do, and stand for the things I stand for, I will from time to time discuss my point of view. My point of view will usually have some faith-based orientation. I like to do what is right.

Second, I am a Vegan. For those of you who don't know what that means, it means that I abstain from the use of animal products whenever possible. Now, before anyone flies off the handle, let it be known: I do not do it for the animals. Don't get me wrong, I do love animals and all that jazz, but my transition into "veganhood" began simply because I bit into a raw piece of chicken, and it grossed me out sincerely. There are some things that I eat that most vegans wouldn't. I also enjoy the health benefits of being vegan, but you won't see me at any PETA marches anytime soon.

Third, I am gay. WHAT!?!? you say? A christian gay man? If the idea of this makes you angry, or starts to unravel the very fiber of your soul, stop reading now and move on to the next blog. It is what it is in my world, and I'm not going to try to justify myself, or claim that I have all the answers. I'm just not.

Next, I am an artist. I am an artist in every sense of the word. Primarily I am a singer and a songwriter. Throughout my blogging experience I am sure that I will post numerous songs, and when I have time will most likely post videos, and recordings for your viewing pleasure. In addition to songwriting I also enjoy writing poetry, which is probably no shock considering that songwriting is basically poetry set to music. I do visual art as well. Painting is one of my favorite things to do, and if I have the opportunity to I will scan and share as much of that as I can as well. I have been known to be an actor as well, and have done numerous locally produced stage plays, and musicals, though I haven't been on stage in a while. I'm not opposed to it, just haven't had the time lately. I love to play the piano and the guitar, and don't mind hitting the streets and taking a photo or two.

I like to try to find the beauty in everything I see, and seem to be sensitive to the world around me. The inner child in me is alive and strong, so yes, I have my temper tantrums from time to time. No one's perfect. I enjoy small things in life, and a stiff cocktail too!

This blog, for me, is not about who reads it. Its for me to have all of what I do exist in one space. It's a place for me to talk about whatever I want to. You are more than welcome to come along for the ride, but I'm not here to please anyone so keep that in mind. If you love art... you'll love my blog. If you love a decent debate... you'll love my blog. If you love music... you'll love my blog. Hell, if you love a good vegan recipe, there will be plenty of that too. It's all here for you to enjoy. The next few months will be a blast. Fasten your seat belts!

No comments:

Post a Comment